* The Priory Group ; Private therapy provider
Books on Prescription
* Books on prescription scheme for Bristol City Council areas
* Living Life to the full: Free online life skills course for people feeling distressed and their carers. Helps you understand why you feel as you do and make changes in your thinking, activities, sleep and relationships.
* Fear-Fighters ; On-line CBT course (Sign-in required from LCBTC)
* BABCP ; British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
London sources of help
* Keats House ; Private medical consulting rooms at London Bridge
* Harley Street GP ; Private General Practice, Harley Street
* The London Clinic ; London leading Independent Hospital
* The Hurlingham Clinic ; Londons Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
* Tavistock Clinic ; London therapy provider
* Plastic Surgery Associates ; London private plastic surgery specialists
* Oral & Maxiollofacial Surgeon ; London private surgeon for teeth / jaw problems - Tel 0845 130 1370
Mental Health Advice and Information
* NICE ; National Institute for Clinical Excellence
* Royal College of Psychiatrists ; Mental Health Information
* MIND ; Charity organisation for those with mental health problems
* NHS Direct : NHS Health & Medical Information
* Alcoholics Anonymous ; 12 step self-help for those who need help with their drinking
* Narcotics Anonymous ; 12 step self-help for those who need help with substance misuse
* NAPICU ; National Association of Psychiatric Intensive Care Units
* UKCP ; UK Council on Psychotherapy
* Psychologies Magazine; Popular UK publication on psychological therapies
* BASRT - British Association of Sexual and Relationship Therapy
* Healthcare Commission; Regulator of Independent & NHS Healthcare
* Depression Alliance ; UK Charity
* OCD-UK ; UK Leading charity for those affected by obbessive compulsive disorder
* CNN Health ; American CNN network health news
* Samaritans ; telephone helpline
* Popular self-help books with links to buy
* Schema Therapy Worshops; Training in Schema Therapy
What to Do If You Have a Problem with Drugs
I can only imagine that admitting you have a problem is one of the hardest things a person could ever face in his or her life. This resource can help people overcome that hurdle.
ADHD and Addiction - What is the Risk?
This helpful article discusses the possible link between addiction and ADHD, and how it can be addressed before addiction takes control.
Perfectionism and Addiction
This author explores a possible link between perfectionism and addiction.
The Risk of Addiction in the Transgender Community: Embracing Your Identity While Coping with Addiction
Members of the LGBTQ community may have a heightened risk of addiction, but there are lots of ways for these individuals to seek help.
10 Reasons to Stay Sober
Recovery is a journey that never really ends. This inspiring piece is written by a young woman who knows firsthand how difficult this road can be -- and encourages anyone who is struggling to keep going.
* PHAT FEATHERS ; responsibility, ethically produced jewellery